The 2015 growing season proved to be a unique challenge for many WI soybean growers. Given these widespread challenges however, we again experienced great interest in the 2015 WSA/WSMB Soybean Yield Contest. The top two entries in each division (in no particular order) were:
- Jon Riley, Darlington (planted Asgrow AG2433)
- Dale and Kevin Bahr, Belmont (planted Asgrow AG2535)
- David Wilkens, Random Lake (planted NK S20-T6 Brand)
- Derek Yanke, Loganville (planted NK S20-T6 Brand)
- Jim Salentine, Luxemburg (planted Steyer 1140L)
- Craig Oehmichen, Abbotsford (planted Asgrow AG1431)
- David Lundgren, Amery (planted Cropland R2C1494)
- Jerry Koser, Almena (planted DuPont Pioneer 91M10)
The final ranking and awards will be presented at the 2016 Corn Soy Expo to be held at the Kalahari Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells on Thursday February 4th during the WSA/WSMB annual meeting.
The contest is sponsored by the WI Soybean Program and organized to encourage the development of new and innovative management practices and to show the importance of using sound cultural practices in WI soybean production.
For more information please contact Shawn Conley, WI State Soybean Specialist at 608-262-7975 or firstname.lastname@example.org